Dr. Allen keeps the atmosphere of her practice “undental-like”, from office appearance and calm surroundings to her calm demeanor. This means that she is very open and honest in discussing treatment with patients, providing options and explanations, and once they choose their treatment, delivering it in the most comfortable and gentle manner possible.
In the same way, the office colors, smells, textures and designs are unlike the white, cold appearance of the traditional dental office. Warm colors and soft chairs are combined with a softer touch to relax you, which in turn makes your appointment easier for both of us.
Our office is also packed with amenities that provide the little touches that make all the difference. Here are just a few of the small comforts we offer:
- Aromatherapy – The light scent masks the traditional dental office smell.
- Ceiling-Mounted TVs – Your favorite program can distract and entertain you during dental procedures.
- CD/DVD Selection – Kick back and relax while the music or movie minimizes dental equipment noise.
- Neck Pillows/Blankets/Plush Chairs – Settle in and feel relaxed and comfy.
- Natural Lighting – Large windows in each treatment room along with an open uncluttered working environment provide an inviting and relaxing atmosphere.
- Lip Conditioner/Mouth Rinse – The soothing balm keeps your lips comfortable and our rinse combats unpleasant tastes.
- Refreshment Bar – We welcome you and want you to feel at home with a warm or cold beverage.
Nitrous Oxide - "Laughing Gas"
If you have ever tried nitrous oxide then you know how helpful it can be to "take the edge off" of your visit. Many patients find comfort in how they feel less anxiety during their treatment when using it. "Laughing gas" also has added benefit of leaving your body's system quickly. Within 5-10 minutes from stopping the gas you are back to normal ready to go about your day!
Technological advances alone do not guarantee superior quality of care. However, some technological advances in dentistry now allow us to better offer our patients careful, conservative treatment for their benefit. With earlier detection of problems it also helps us preserve more natural tooth structure than ever before. In dentistry the old proverb, “Prevention is worth a pound of cure” especially holds true.
Some people are lucky enough to have had good relationships with the dentist and simply do not mind going. That is an ideal situation that we are happy to continue building upon. However, most people have some level of anxiety when it comes to going to the dentist. But for many, it is more than being afraid.
We are here to help. We understand that your fears may have kept you from visiting a dentist, but there is no need to feel embarrassed. We are not here to judge or hurt you. We are here to help ease your fears and to create a beautiful healthy smile using a delicate touch and calming presence. We hope that every visit to our office is pleasant and stress-free for you and your family, and we look forward to serving you for many years to come!