Properly aligned teeth are important for more than just a beautiful smile and effortless confidence. Teeth that are aligned correctly also improve the long term function and health of your mouth, as they are easier to keep clean with proper brushing and flossing.
Whether you are motivated by health factors or aesthetics, either way you get the benefit of both with Invisalign!
What Is Invisalign?
Instead of using traditional braces to move your teeth, Invisalign relies on clear plastic aligners that fit tightly and are comfortable to wear.
The aligners can removed easily for eating, brushing, and flossing; however, they should be worn for most of the day in order to achieve your desired results. They will be changed every two weeks, and this can often be done at home, requiring fewer visits to your dentist during treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign has many advantages over traditional braces such as:
- Clear plastic aligners are nearly unnoticeable to other people and comfortable for you to wear throughout the day.
- Since no metal is used, you will not cut your tongue, cheeks, or lips, and irritation should be much less of an issue.
- You can eat all the food you normally enjoy! There are no restrictions to your diet. Simply take out the aligners when eating, brush, and then put them back on.
- It is easier to keep your normal oral hygiene routine. You don’t have to clean around brackets and wires, so daily brushing and flossing is easy.
- The amount of time it takes from start to finish is usually faster then traditional braces, often around six to twelve months.
Is Invisalign Right for Me?
Dr. Allen has achieved a certain level of experience to become an Omaha Invisalign dentist, and she is considered a preferred provider. This means that she can determine if Invisalign is right for your needs during an consultation. While it works well for many patients, Invisalign can't correct complex bite issues. Dr. Allen can discuss other great options for your smile if it appears that Invisalign won't meet your needs.
If you choose to move forward with treatment, Dr. Allen will be able to use 3-D technology to show you what your completed smile will look like before your treatment even begins! She will use this technology to create the plan used to fabricate each of your aligners.
If you would like to learn more about Invisalign, we offer free consultations. Give us a call today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Allen.